Oriental Lunar New Year - White Moon Celebration Ceremony
Tsagaan Sar (White Moon) is the Mongolian lunar New Year's festival. It is often celebrated around the same time as the Chinese New Year. However, Mongolians generally deny any Chinese origin or influence, so the celebration is sometimes referred to as the Mongolian New Year or Asian New Year when translated into English. After Naadam, Tsagaan Sar is the second-most important Mongolian holiday. TGM invite you celebrate the festival with real Mongolia nomadic people.
- Participate Mongols' second biggest event
|Tsagaan Sar||Around the New Year people greet each other by saying "Amar mend uu", a very formal greeting which one says to one's elders. Mongolians also visit friends and family on this day and exchange gifts. A typical Mongolian family will meet in the home dwelling of the eldest male in the family. When greeting their elders during the White Moon festival, Mongolians grasp them by their elbows to show support for them. The eldest male receives greetings from each member of the family except for his wife. During the greeting ceremony, family members hold long pieces of colored cloth called khadag. After the ceremony, the family eats buuz and drinks airag (fermented mare's milk) and exchanges gifts. The day before Tsagaan Sar is called "Bituun". On this day, families gather together--immediate family usually, in contrast to the large feast gatherings of White Moon day--and see out the old year. Traditionally, Mongolians settle all issues and repay all debts from the old year by this day. Mongolians eat their fill at the Bituun meal, as tradition says that if you are hungry after Bituun you will be hungry for the whole coming year. Traditional food for the festival includes a grilled side of sheep and minced beef or minced lamb steamed inside pastry, a dish known as buuz. Tsagaan Sar is a lavish feast, requiring preparation days in advance, as the women make large quantities of buuz and freeze them to save for the holiday.|
Length: 2 days
Area: Around Ulaanbaatar
Type: private package tour
Potential dates and weather condition: 16 Feb - 17 Feb
Difficulty: easy - moderate (No experience necessary. Trips suitable for most ages and abilities)
Please carefully check what is include and what is not include in the prices!.
90 usd for 1pax
70 usd p.p for 2pax
500 usd p.p for 3pax
Child policy: 0 - 3 years old baby free of charge
4 - 12 years old child 30% discount (counted as 1pax)
Group policy: Up from 6pax please see our Group Service. Get better rate.
Discount policy: We always try to lower the our service prices by looking better solution for our customers. Here is several Discount Policy you can save until 10% that we can do on our best for our customers.
• In the morning at 9.00 am, you will be taken from your place where now you are living
• Drive to Gachuurt, a village in suburb of UB
• Visit a family, are herding cattles with nomadic way “moving from a pastureland to another better one year round”
• Then you must follow the special customs as arrive outside the family. But it is not difficult for you. However you are from different country, and follow the different customs, it will be very interesting and enjoyable for you
• Ritual “THE ZOLGOLT”
• Ritual “TO MAKE THE FIRST TRACE FOR THE NEW YEAR”
• Ritual “TO WORSHIP THE OVOO”, a ritual pile of stones raised on top of a hill or on a Mountain pass. Every Mongolians come here with trays of food and other offerings and the oldest, most venerable member of the community, voiced words of gratitude and praise to the spirit of the Mountain and the neighbourhood
• Ritual “THE RECEPTION” for the Tsagaan Sar
• After you would take the reception in accordance with customs, you will take part in a national game “Shagai” and “Alag melkhii orokh”
• In the afternoon, you will be riding on camel back at “Bogd Khaan” tourist resort in a mouth of Bogd Khaan Mountain
|feast table of the ceremony||traditional gesture zolgolt||everybody wears traditional clothes|
Our Booking is easy & complete in below 4 steps.
|Step1:||Please carefully read our Contract Of Private Package Tour. Cancellation & other condition will be follow this contract.|
|Step2:||Send us your Booking Form (Only one of the group member's Booking Form is fine. No need to send us all member's booking forms)|
|Step3:||You will be received an Voucher & Invoice from us via email.|
|Step4:||Select payment method and pay the Payment.|
- Above prices are changeable by changing components (kind of services) of the itinerary.
- This is a private tour and you or your travel buddies will be in the tour.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are in correct pick up location at correct time as stated on your booking form.
- No smoking in travel vehicles or aircraft.