Horse Trekking In Terelj
- Watch & get the inside track on largest horseman statue in the World at Tsonjin Boldog Resort
- Ride sturdy Central Asian tarpan horse just like legendary nomads Mongol warriors at Gorkhi-Terelj National Park
Mongolians are historically a nomadic people, and thus the horse is probably the most central part of Mongolian culture. Horse trekking in Gorkhi-Terelj is a must do activity if you visit to Mongolia! No matter what your experience level, a horseback ride through the Tuul River will give you lasting memories. Riding instruction is also available. Also, this tour included Genghis Khan's Horse Statue as bonus.
Length: 2 days
Area: Gorkhi-Terelj National Park
Potential date and weather condition: from May to November, in each year
Difficulty: easer - moderate (No experience necessary. Trips suitable for most ages and abilities)
Distance: driving: 180 km, horse trekking: 20 - 30 km
Day1. Full day horse trek at Gorkhi-Terelj National Park
In the morning, we will pick you up from your accommodation and drive to Gorkhi-Terelj National Park (70 km). Meet the horses and start horse trek. A full day is all you will need to enjoy the most breathe-taking views that no other horse stable in the Tuul River area can offer you! This ride will take you back through the Turtle Rock area to the beautiful sites and sounds of mother nature for a several mile journey up the mountain to view. With no experience required. Overnight in ger.
Day2. Tsonjin Boldog - Genghis Khan's Horse Statue
After breakfast time, we will drive to Tsonjin Boldog Resort (45 km). 40 m high Genghis Khan’s Horse Statue is believed to be highest equestrian statue in the World. There’s an elevator to observation desk on the top of the horse head. Also, there is 2 museums, Military Armaments of Huns and Great Mongolian State.
Then we will drive to Ulaanbaatar city (55 km) and before lunch time, transfer to your accommodation.
Please carefully check what is include and what is not include in the prices!.
300 USD (based on solo traveler)
Included: 1 night in local nomadic family, food service (L-1, D-1, B-1), land transportation, English speaking guide service, mineral water, all entrance fees and Government charges, all activities costs, sleeping bag
Child Policy: 0 - 3 years old baby free of charge, 4 - 12 years old child: 30% discount (counted as 1pax)
How to book this tour?
- Step2: Please carefully read our Contract
- Step3: Send us your Booking Form
- Step4: You will be received an Invoice from us via email.
- Step5: Select payment method and pay the Payment.
- Step6: Recieve the Voucher via email.
- Above prices are changeable by changing components (kind of services) of the itinerary.
- This is a private tour and you or your travel buddies will be in the tour.
- Domestic flight companies accept only 10kg lugguge incuding your carry on bags too for free transfer.
- All transactions will be conducted in United States currency, U.S Dollars
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are in correct pick up location at correct time as stated on your booking form.
- No smoking in travel vehicles or aircraft.
- Trip itineraries may include some element of risk.
- In the budget arrangement, you have to bring your own sleeping bag. If you like you can hire it from us.
Why food was not included in the Budget Arrangement and is it easy to get food there?
You can buy meals from local ger guesthouses by paying only 2 or 3 usd per meal. There is plenty of food shops on the way when you are touring. You can carry your own food from UB. It is nice you eat our own breakfast and then buy meals for lunch and dinner. Meals will be basic and usually cooked Mongolian traditional or Russian styled foods. Or you can get basic free kitchen belonings from us and cook yourself.
I want to join to another group. Is it possible?
Yes it is possible, if we have a group fitted date and same tour. Check it with us. We understand people want to share cost by joining another tours. But shorter tours (under 8 -10 days) are not often possible for join-in. If there is no tour you can join, you can post your tour in our Join-In Or Build Group section for collecting some travel other travel buddies. Usually longer tours (vacation kind of) tours are available for join and you can see our Group Scheduled Tours.
How long have you been in business?
We have been providing high-quality sightseeing travel at low prices for over 10 years. Read our customer testimonials. You can also see ratings and reviews of our tours from real travelers on the tour/activity details page.