Khustai National Park Tour
- Meet wild horse in their natural habitat - we have seen wild horse on every tour since 2005
- Hike through the Khustai National Park with a skilled guide
- Learn about Takhi, wild horse, and other wildlife
- Chance to see other wildlife such as maral deer, marmot, eagle other birds
- Visit to authentic nomadic family & overnight in a traditional ger dwelling
Get back to nature with an overnight stay at Khustai National Park. Spending the night in your own ger, you can enjoy all that the great outdoors has to offer. Located within the an hour drive from UB, Khustai National Park is an idyllic location to enjoy a mini break in the great outdoors.
Length: 2 days
Area: Khustai National Park
Potential date and weather condition: daily, all year around
Difficulty: easier - moderate (No experience necessary. Trips suitable for most ages and abilities)
Distance: driving: 180 km
Day1. Khustai National Park - nomadic way of lifestyle
pick you up from your accommodation → drive to Khustai National Park /90 km/ → visit to nomadic family home and experience nomadic way of life → lunch → drive to Khustai research center → hike and explore takhi wild horses → drive to back → dinner → overnight there
National Park Khustai where re-introduction of the wild takhi horses (Przhevalsky's horses) has taken place since 1992. Takhi is last wild horse subspecies surviving in the 21st century. It was discovered in western Mongolia in the late 1870s by the Russian explorer N.M. Przhevalsky. Several expeditions since 1969 have failed to find this horse, which probably crossed with half-wild domesticated horses and lost its distinct features. Specimens have been kept and bred in zoos, and Mongolia in the late 20th century attempted to reintroduce them into the wild. The afternoon will be spent at leisure hiking in the surrounding mountains with an evening visit to the wild horses while they come to drink in the evening.
On arrival you will have lunch at the nomads’ ger. Enjoy the joyful atmosphere and learn the clever nomads' way of life by taking every chance of taking part in the nomadic life activities like a nomad. Experience the milking cows or goats. Watch how they produce tasty and nutritious dairy products. Then, participate in the nomads’ daily chores - prepare dried dung from a nearby mountain for the family’s household use for making fire.
Day2. Back to Ulaanbaatar
breakfast time → drive to back to Ulaanbaatar city /90 km/ → transferred to your accommodation → end
Please carefully check what is include and what is not include in the prices!
280 USD (based on single person)
Included: 1 night in local nomadic family, food service (L-1, D-1, B-1), land transportation, English speaking guide service, mineral water, all entrance fees and Government charges, all activities costs, sleeping bag
Child Policy: 0 - 3 years old baby free of charge, 4 - 12 years old child: 30% discount (counted as 1pax)
How to book this tour?
- Step2: Please carefully read our Contract
- Step3: Send us your Booking Form
- Step4: You will be received an Invoice from us via email.
- Step5: Select payment method and pay the Payment.
- Step6: Recieve the Voucher via email.
- Above prices are changeable by changing components (kind of services) of the itinerary.
- This is a private tour and you or your travel buddies will be in the tour.
- All transactions will be conducted in United States currency, U.S Dollars
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are in correct pick up location at correct time as stated on your booking form.
- No smoking in travel vehicles or aircraft.
- Trip itineraries may include some element of risk.
How long have you been in business?
We have been providing high-quality sightseeing travel at low prices for over 10 years. Read our customer testimonials. You can also see ratings and reviews of our tours from real travelers on the tour/activity details page.